Your solutionSend inquiry
We produce fully automated production lines for crash boxes made of aluminum extruded profiles – from the bar stock to the finished component.
Do you need assistance?Support
CRASH BOX PRODUCTION
Through the use and connection of innovative technologies, our crash-box systems manufacture complex crash boxes in short cycle times, in pairs, in many consecutive process and production steps. The key parts of our systems are a saw, the left- and right-hand tool trains, and the left- and right-hand assembly lines. Material is delivered in a stack of approx. 6 m long profiles. These are placed on a conveyor system and transported into the unit.
In the first step, the bars are separated and fed to a saw, where they are cut to length in accordance with the required product size and angle. After the saw, the parts are fed individually onto the right- and left-hand production lines. The first steps take place on the tool train, where the parts are machined in various stamping and embossing operations in small hydraulic presses. Standard elements, such as blind rivet nuts, insert nuts, insert bolts, or spacer sleeves, are then added on the assembly line. Labeling and removal of components constitute the final steps on the assembly line.
- Fully automated process chain possible, providing low personnel costs
- Optimized material utilization thanks to alternate sawing of left- and right-hand crash boxes (variable sawing angle) and narrow saw blades
- Precise production thanks to servo-controlled feed and positioning axes
- Innovative handling concepts for indexing and repositioning the crash boxes
- Tool technology tuned precisely to individual operations
- Short resetting times on type change, thanks to quick-change systems
- The manufacturing concept is tailored individually to meet customer requirements.
from 14 s/set
Component length (mm)
approx. 100 to 500
Component cross-section (mm)
approx. 40x40 to 120x120
Siemens Simatic S7-1500
Integrated machining center
Integrated cleaning system
Process data acquisition
Specifications subject to change.