Bachelor/Master thesis: Investigation of the influence of the machine setup on the dynamic behavior of a machine tool
The development of machine tools requires detailed knowledge of the product to be designed. Even during the design phase, it is therefore necessary to simulate the system to be developed, analyze its behavior and incorporate the findings into further development. Machine natural frequencies in the low frequency range can often be traced back to the individual installation situation. These natural frequencies in turn have a significant influence on the achievable control dynamics of the position control and thus on the positioning behavior of the machine. The aim of this work is the simulative and metrological investigation of different machine setup situations and their influence on the dynamic behavior of machine tools.
- Literature study and familiarization with the task
- Simulative investigation by means of coupled finite element models (FEM - Ansys or Simcenter) and control loop models (Matlab / Simulink)
- Validation and verification of the results by measurements on a real machine tool.
- Development of a design algorithm for individual, optimal machine setups
- Documentation of the results
- Your profile:
- Ongoing studies at a UAS/university
- Motivation & reliability
- Assumption of printing costs in case of very good or good success
- Support from a supervisor from the relevant specialist department
- Get to know Fill as a potential employer and contribute your own ideas and knowledge
- Great opportunity to supplement your theoretical knowledge with practical experience
- Very good working atmosphere in a multi-award-winning family company
Timeframe: from fall 2023
We look forward to receiving your application!
Application as Bachelor/Master thesis: Investigation of the influence of the machine setup on the dynamic behavior of a machine tool.
Please fill in all fields, the mandatory fields are marked with *!